Monday, January 25, 2010



Work flow

1.) Open a new file with 2’’ Height 3.5 Width and a resolution of 92’’

2.) Once you pick your background color (using the choices under the dialogue box) open the file in which your logo is.


3.) I used the original PSD file; I’m not sure whether it is more helpful to transfer the layers to your business card or to minimize the image all together.

4.) Once you make your file small enough to fit well in the business card, transfer the layers carefully to match the look of your logo.


5.) It is advised not to mix dark colors with dark letters. If you have a dark background (as I do) it would be easier to read a brighter/lighter color that pops.

6.) Once you have your layers evened out it’s time to put your information in, starting with your address, phone number and email, this makes it possible for people to reach you or get in contact.

7.) As for me, I had trouble typing in the original business card file. So what I did was; made a new file the exact size of my business card chose the color of text I preferred, and then transferred the layer to my original file. It may not have been necessary, but it got the job done.

8.) Lastly…Give out your business card!



Reflection:
While working on my business card and following the instructions of a presentation given to me, I learned many things I had yet to discover. For example I did not know that ‘serifs’ made certain words easier to read. In fact I thought it made paragraphs more clustered. As for the font sizing, I still feel I have to learn how to work with that; a font size that is very common and most can read is 12 but I went with font size 8 in order for all of the text to fit where I wanted it to. All in all I think I learned a couple of new things that I will surely use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment